At Dahl Automotive, we value our team above all else and we look forward to supporting and challenging you to success in this critical role and through your career path. Join our team and become part of a legacy that is more than 100 years in the making!
This position is located in La Crosse, WI, right along the Mississippi River and Lake Onalaska. Enjoy amazing outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, camping, hiking and more! Our newly renovated service department is ready for top production for experienced diesel technicians, as we expand our commercial and fleet business in our market. You choose - you work four 10 hour days or five 8 hour days. You can be paid hourly with a performance bonus, or flat rate. Pay is up to $30 per flat rate hour, based on level of experience. We are also offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus for well qualified candidates. Join our team and our great community, and grow with us for years to come!
Benefits * Medical
* 401K with automatic 3% company contribution
* Life Insurance
* Accident Insurance
* Disability Insurance (short and long-term)
* Cancer Insurance
* Critical Illness Insurance
* Pet Insurance
* Identity Theft Protection Insurance
* Paid Training
* Paid Time Off
* Team Lunches
* Company Holidays
* Discounts on Products and Services
* Closed on Sundays
Responsibilities * Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership policies and procedures. You will work on commercial, fleet and other diesel vehicles.
* Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment.
* Diagnose, maintain, and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
* Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers are well-informed of any additional services needed.
* Provide an estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
* Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications.
Qualifications * 3+ years of Diesel Technician experience required
* A-level qualifications, including Diagnostic, Electrical and Engine Repair
* Broad knowledge of new vehicle technologies
* Ambitious, hardworking presence in a team environment
* Excellent customer service skills
* Basic computer skills
* Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality
* Enjoy working in a dynamic environment
* Ability to collaborate effectively
* Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
* Able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
* Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent required
* Valid driver's license and clean driving record
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Location/Region: Elk Grove Village, IL (60007)